- The Big Switch Networks Big Monitoring Fabric Series is a modern network packet broker application, which provides a network visibility fabric for enterprise data centers. It uses HPE Altoline open networking switches to deliver pervasive monitoring and security for in band and out-of-band workloads and visibility of network traffic flows. Using an SDN-centric architecture, Big Switch Networks Big Monitoring Fabric Series enables scale-out fabric for enterprise-wide monitoring of physical and virtual workloads with a single screen providing operational simplicity. It also supports multi-tenancy for multiple IT teams such as NetOps, DevOps and SecOps to simultaneously monitor networks using tenant-specific inline or out-of-band tools and policies.
- A single screen provides management and configuration for inline and out-of-band monitoring.
- High-agility and real-time scalability as changes of monitoring policies do not impact network operations.
- Efficient operations with real-time visibility and analytics for quick troubleshooting.
- Simpler muti-team operations with multi-tenancy allowing several IT teams to simultaneously monitor networks using tenant-specific tools and policies.
- The Big Switch Networks Big Monitoring Fabric Series delivers faster deployment with auto-discovery and configuration of Big Monitoring Fabric nodes.
- The Big Switch Networks Big Monitoring Fabric Series delivers deployment flexibility for scale-out networks by utilizing open networking hardware and software that meet your business needs.
- Enables a visibility fabric for monitoring and security of out-of-band and inline workloads in the enterprise data center.
- Provides pervasive visibility into all physical and virtual machines (VM, container, cloud) workloads for security, performance management and compliance tools.
|QuickSpecs Date||09/06/2028 12:00:00 AM; 09/04/2017 12:00:00 AM|
|Differentiator||Big Switch Networks Big Monitoring Fabric application pre-installed on an HPE DL360 Gen9 server.|
|Throughput||Depends on configuration, model, and operation|
|Weight||44 lb; 20.0 kg|
|Latency||(2) 10GbE SFP+ slots|
|Ports||10 to 35°C (50 to 95°F)|
|Power supply name||(2) hot-plug power supplies, 500W|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||8.3 x 23 x 38.4 in|
|Minimum dimensions ( H x W x D)||21.1 x 58.4 x 97.5 cm|
|Management features||Fabric management through GUI, CLI-based console to provide detailed out-of-band management, REST API support|
|Memory and processor||(4) HPE 16GB (1x16GB) Single Rank x4 DDR4-2400 CAS-17-17-17 Registered Memory Kit (2) HPE 1TB 6G SATA 7.2K rpm SFF (2.5-inch) SC Midline 1yr Warranty Hard Drive Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2620 v4|